Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: neile on August 06, 2011, 08:12:17 pm

Title: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: neile on August 06, 2011, 08:12:17 pm
The price on this sucker just keeps getting better and better. Both Adorama and B&H have the printer now for $719 - $200 instant rebate - $300 MIR rebate for a final total of $219, shipping included. Insane.

Note that the $300 MIR is in the form of an AmEx gift card.

Neil
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: pikeys on August 07, 2011, 07:32:02 am
That's an unbelievable price...of course,I just bought an Epson 3000..{would have ,should have,could have.}.which came to $589- with the Epson rebate.....{yet to receive it ,though}.

It pays to get the Canon..,even if you don't need a printer

Neil,,never had a canon printer,is this model comparable to the some of the Epson printers??
Same quality ink?..


Mike


Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: pikeys on August 07, 2011, 08:26:45 am
Neil,
Can you send me a link on this...
Went to the BH website,and couldn't find it...

Mike
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: neile on August 07, 2011, 10:19:11 am
Yes, Mike, these are comparable quality to the equivalent Epsons in terms of build, ink, etc.

B&H link: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/609352-REG/Canon_3298B002_PIXMA_Pro9500_Mark_II.html
Adorama link: http://www.adorama.com/ICAP9500M2.html

I bought mine from Adorama. The sites both say $519, but that's before the $300 MIR.

Neil
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: KenBabcock on August 07, 2011, 11:40:33 am
Damn USA deals! 
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: narikin on August 09, 2011, 11:23:02 am
What size inks are in there -a full size set or 'starter carts'? 
If full size it may be cheaper to get another than buy inks. (or maybe the rebate is limited to 1 per household)

The Canon 8300 was minus $95, when you factored in the ink and rebates and free iPad.  That's right, you bought a set of 350ml inks, sold the iPad and they paid you $95 to have a 44" printer.
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: neile on August 09, 2011, 11:28:57 am
Rebate is one per household. Given that a whole new set of inks for it only costs $118 from B&H, doesn't seem like it would be worth buying a printer just for the inks.

Man, it's been a long time since I saw cartridges for only $14.95 each :D

Neil
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: Deepsouth on August 10, 2011, 09:43:09 am
Go to pricegrabber. I usually can buy my 9500 carts for around USD 12.

That model (9500 I/II) is getting old. I wonder what Canon will offer in a pigment 13 inch carriage machine next, if any...
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: Miles on August 10, 2011, 12:31:58 pm
I currently have a Z3100 but have been considering a small printer to do small images, images on note cards and photo cards (photo glued into card stock).  In checking out the 9500, I notice that Canon also makes the Pro9000 which appears to be the same printer using dye inks instead of pigments.  Since note and photo cards have a short life span, I am wondering if this may be a better option.  The 9000 costs a little less, dye inks supposedly clog less often and Canon rates the dye for 100 years.  I would be printing on card stock and glossy photo paper.

Any recommendations on which way to go or is pigment ink still the only answer?
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: Deepsouth on August 10, 2011, 01:21:35 pm
FWIW, I've never had a head clog on my 9500 MK I. I did have a couple of head clogs on my prior Canon S9000 (6 color dye model) and the 1st head gave out right after the warranty ended. The 2nd head started getting flakey after three years so I just bought the 9500.

Epson are known for head clogs (that Epson piezo technology vs. Canon thermal). They seem to be rare with Canons of any size. My 9500 agitates its carts on almost every start, so the pigment stays in suspension. I have had two bad carts right out of the box in three (or is it four?) years of ownership.
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: Miles on August 11, 2011, 09:17:30 pm
Thanks for the info.  Decided to go for the 9500 pigment ink model.
Title: Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II is now only $219!
Post by: Simon J.A. Simpson on August 14, 2011, 03:48:29 pm
Equivalent US$853 in the UK (discounted too !).  But we do get 10% off all Canon papers !

Does beg the oft repeated question about US/European price differentials.  But then I guess we in Europe must be keeping the Japanese (or somebody's) economy afloat.

Removes tongue from cheek.