Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: neile on August 04, 2011, 05:47:23 pm
-
I realize this is slightly off-topic, but I thought folks would be at least somewhat amused/entertained. The attached photo has the same parts file printed on two different 3d printers. The one on the left came off a $66,000 printer. The one on the right came off a $46,000 printer.
For all the times we talk about ppi/resolution/pixel peeping, I thought this was a very obvious example of two printers that have very different output resolutions *grin*.
Now if only I can figure out how to finance a $66,000 printer so I can expand from fine art printing to parts printing!
Neil
-
That's quite a difference Neil. Maybe that black one just needs some output sharpening! :D
Terry.
-
I guess you can always use the cheaper one for printing things like dominoes and doorstops.
Hope you didn't purchase that puppy :D
-
Yea, but if you are doing really high-end projects like printing your own body parts, I'd go with the top of the line.
http://blog.ted.com/2011/03/07/printing-a-human-kidney-anthony-atala-on-ted-com/