Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: martin-images on August 03, 2011, 05:31:36 pm

Title: Shadows and door
Post by: martin-images on August 03, 2011, 05:31:36 pm
Any comments appreciated

Thanks
(http://martin-images.smugmug.com/Other/Coversion-competition-DMF/i-tbNBvZ2/0/O/L1020751-Edit.jpg)
Title: Re: Shadows and door
Post by: Kirk Gittings on August 03, 2011, 05:50:43 pm
Nice.

Hmm this isn't from an abandoned hacienda in Northern Mexico is it?
Title: Re: Shadows and door
Post by: RSL on August 03, 2011, 06:17:10 pm
Chuck, I just tried it. It's a very different photograph, but interesting nonetheless. I still like the original best, but that's probably because I'm essentially a street photographer and that calls for a fairly literal approach to things.

Oops, Chuck's post just disappeared. He suggested a crop just above the door panels.
Title: Re: Shadows and door
Post by: popnfresh on August 03, 2011, 06:54:50 pm
I'm fine with the original crop. I like it the way it is.
Title: Re: Shadows and door
Post by: ckimmerle on August 03, 2011, 10:12:27 pm

Oops, Chuck's post just disappeared. He suggested a crop just above the door panels.

I meant to modify my post, but wasn't paying attention and deleted it. I figured the cropping gods were sending me a message.
Title: Re: Shadows and door
Post by: Kirk Gittings on August 03, 2011, 11:01:38 pm
I'm fine with the original crop. I like it the way it is.
leave it as is-it works.