Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Riaan van Wyk on July 31, 2011, 04:08:59 pm

Title: Three
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on July 31, 2011, 04:08:59 pm
Your thoughts about the photo please?
Title: Re: Three
Post by: John R Smith on August 01, 2011, 05:12:18 am
Riaan

It's very professional, technically excellent, well-composed with an amazing DOF. It's probably not what you had in mind, but it would make a tremendous magazine or book cover. If I was a picture editor, I would grab it.

John
Title: Re: Three
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on August 02, 2011, 01:31:02 am
Yeah you are right John, I didn't have a magazine cover in mind. Thank you for looking.
Title: Re: Three
Post by: stamper on August 02, 2011, 04:07:25 am
One of the best images that has been on the critique for a long time. :) John is spot on. The balance of the elements is perfect and the processing is the same. Well done.
Title: Re: Three
Post by: francois on August 02, 2011, 07:32:58 am
I 100% agree with the two gentlemen above. The image is simply excellent!
Title: Re: Three
Post by: William Walker on August 02, 2011, 09:11:31 am
Ja Riaan

I think this is the best picture I have seen of yours! Very nice!

William

PS Nice to see you again John!
Title: Re: Three
Post by: RSL on August 02, 2011, 11:34:49 am
Riaan, As you undoubtedly know, I'm no fan of photographic landscape, since paintings by people like Turner, Constable, Thomas Cole and Albert Bierstadt so far outstrip anything you can do with a camera, but this photograph is quite splendid. Bravo! Good work. You're a good enough photographer that I'm really sorry you don't "get" street photography.
Title: Re: Three
Post by: Heinz on August 04, 2011, 04:32:06 pm
Nice Riaan,

The only negative that I can pick up here, is that it did not come out of my camera. Sweet light. Where was this shot?
Title: Re: Three
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on August 05, 2011, 07:00:49 am
Thanks for looking and the kind comments, it is appreciated. The photo was taken just outside of town, behind the golf course Heinz.