Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 30, 2011, 02:22:17 pm

Title: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 30, 2011, 02:22:17 pm
My friend Laura Shoe posted on her Lightroom blog (http://blog.laurashoe.com/2011/07/27/putting-one-spot-removal-fix-on-top-of-another/) something that was new to me: how to  put one Lightroom spot removal fix on top of another. As to how new or original this tip is, I can only repeat what she said: "... maybe I am the last person to figure this out, but I thought I’d share it."
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on July 30, 2011, 05:47:07 pm
You can add me to the list.  I've never heard of this until today!
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: Schewe on July 30, 2011, 06:35:21 pm
The trick is to place the first spot where you want it and place the 2+ spots just to the side (so it doesn't activate the spot edit function). Once the next spot is placed you can then move it so it overlaps the previous spot. This is how you can spot out a line for example.
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on July 30, 2011, 08:48:44 pm
The trick is to place the first spot where you want it and place the 2+ spots just to the side (so it doesn't activate the spot edit function). Once the next spot is placed you can then move it so it overlaps the previous spot. This is how you can spot out a line for example.
This should have been in your LR3 video tutorial! :)  I could have used this on several recent images that I ended up sending over to Photoshop for editing.
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: John R Smith on July 31, 2011, 04:19:37 am
I worked this out for myself a few months back - it had taken quite a while for the penny to drop, though. Now I use it all the time.

John
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: Ellis Vener on August 07, 2011, 10:29:46 am
The more deeply I use Lightroom (or Capture 1 for that matter)  the less I try to make it solve all problems, especially regarding retouching.  But that is just me.
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: BradSmith on August 07, 2011, 02:34:14 pm
It was new to me too.  I've been frustrated in the past trying to do exactly this type of thing.   
Thanks
Brad
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: Martin1961 on September 01, 2011, 03:39:46 pm
Thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: CoyoteButtes on September 04, 2011, 06:23:06 pm
Thanks for posting this. I love learning new stuff. It would be nice if Mr. Schewe would elaborate a bit with an example.
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: jjj on September 21, 2011, 05:23:38 pm
Coyote - Here's an image where I used the spot tool to remove an object [the crane to left of dancer], just to see if it could be done. Obviously it can, but is a complete faff and very slow compared to doing the same in Photoshop and not as good either. All correcting and local editing done in LR.


(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/5042347166_6160bd7f50_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: eliedinur on September 21, 2011, 06:17:51 pm
Thanks for posting this. I love learning new stuff. It would be nice if Mr. Schewe would elaborate a bit with an example.
It's not all that complex. Do your first clone, placing the clone circle and the source circle. Click again to make a second clone circle anyplace convenient and then drag it until it overlaps or even is entirely within the first clone and position the second source circle. That's it.
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: ihv on September 23, 2011, 03:25:20 am
This thread here and similar threads elsewhere seem to be crying for a fix (meaning proper tool).

Hopefully this matter will be history after 4.
Title: Re: Putting One Lightroom Spot Removal Fix On Top of Another
Post by: CoyoteButtes on September 23, 2011, 10:28:48 pm
Thanks Triple J. Results noted. Sometimes I get better results in PS with clone stamp; sometimes with context aware fill. But the LR spot removal tool was EXCELLENT for removing flies from the face of a cooperative lion.