Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Erick Boileau on July 28, 2011, 12:45:41 am

Title: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: Erick Boileau on July 28, 2011, 12:45:41 am
There is  a bug with  x rite i1pro photo ,  i1profiler  and Snow Leopard 10.6.8, the icon is gray and not green, the  profiles are not loaded with my MAC PRO

(http://urpix.fr/files/hkn1xrsh57zgfaerjem6.jpg)
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: Scott Martin on July 28, 2011, 10:25:37 am
1) I assume you're talking about the "i1ProfilerTray" app, not i1Profiler, being grey and 2) you haven't specified which profiles aren't loaded or in what way. This probably isn't the best place to report bugs anyway...
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: Mac Mahon on July 28, 2011, 04:18:54 pm
It works fine for me.  Same setup.
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: Ellis Vener on July 28, 2011, 07:41:04 pm
Not seeing or having the OP's problem here with a 27' late 2009 i5 iMac, OS X 10.6.8, i1 Pro + i1 Profiler v1.1.1
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: Erick Boileau on July 28, 2011, 10:58:35 pm
the i1 icon is gray

(http://urpix.fr/files/hkn1xrsh57zgfaerjem6.jpg)
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: Jamooche on September 19, 2011, 05:17:56 pm
Mine is doing the same on OSX Lion.  It shows up as gray and says "no devices have profiles" under profiler reminder.  However in the display properties, it does have my correct profile loaded and looks to be right when I click on and off of it.  Does this mean I am ok and properly profiled? 

Thanks!
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: digitaldog on September 19, 2011, 08:27:27 pm
Can’t comment on this Mac because the last thing I want is X-Rite putting useless crap in my menu bar. But I suppose I could try turning it on, only to then turn it off to report if this silly thing shows up in 10.6.8 <G>
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: Jamooche on September 19, 2011, 09:23:34 pm
Can’t comment on this Mac because the last thing I want is X-Rite putting useless crap in my menu bar. But I suppose I could try turning it on, only to then turn it off to report if this silly thing shows up in 10.6.8 <G>

I couldn't agree more. Does the i1 Profiler Tray need to be running to make sure the right profile is working?  Is the Tray just for the reminder to re-profile?  I assume that if the right profile is in the System Preferences > Displays > Color Tab then all is ok. 
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: shewhorn on September 19, 2011, 10:11:15 pm
I couldn't agree more. Does the i1 Profiler Tray need to be running to make sure the right profile is working?  Is the Tray just for the reminder to re-profile?  I assume that if the right profile is in the System Preferences > Displays > Color Tab then all is ok. 

It's NagWare. Nuke it... unless you need a startup item in the menu bar to tell you when you've opened a window shade, or flipped a light switch (those things seem fairly obvious to me :) ). It nags you after your preset reminder time has elapsed too. It won't hurt anything if you get rid of it.

Cheers, Joe
Title: Re: i1profiler Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Post by: Jamooche on September 19, 2011, 10:55:15 pm
It's NagWare. Nuke it... unless you need a startup item in the menu bar to tell you when you've opened a window shade, or flipped a light switch (those things seem fairly obvious to me :) ). It nags you after your preset reminder time has elapsed too. It won't hurt anything if you get rid of it.

Cheers, Joe

Thanks Joe!  Disabled!