Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on July 26, 2011, 03:28:37 pm

Title: arches
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 26, 2011, 03:28:37 pm
Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: arches
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 26, 2011, 04:19:52 pm
This kind of image has been done a lot, but this is a very good example IMHO. And good detail in both light and shadows.

Eric

Title: Re: arches
Post by: francois on July 27, 2011, 07:43:11 am
This kind of image has been done a lot, but this is a very good example IMHO. And good detail in both light and shadows.
…
I agree but this is always a pleasure to look at well executed images like this one.
Title: Re: arches
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 27, 2011, 03:46:05 pm
Thanks, both! You're kind.

Now I just have to improve my printing skills so I don't block up the shadow on the right. I've not managed it with Bamboo, that's for sure. I'll try GFS. Oh, it all makes work for the working man to do, as Flanders and Swann sang.

Jeremy

PS: in case anyone's interested, it's the Bridge of Sighs in St John's College, Cambridge, taken from the New Court cloisters last weekend.
Title: Re: arches
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 29, 2011, 04:17:59 am
I like the composition. However, I feel that the image is a bit too bright, I would expect a bit more interplay between the lighter and darker areas of the image.