Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: enduser on July 26, 2011, 10:05:12 am

Title: Cutting Rolls
Post by: enduser on July 26, 2011, 10:05:12 am
Does anyone here cut their own rolls?  If you do, could you tell me what tools you use?

Many thanks for any replies.
Title: Re: Cutting Rolls
Post by: neile on July 26, 2011, 10:29:48 am
Someone else asked this less than a week ago, and there are several past threads on it as well. Start with http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=56010.0. There are links to other threads in that post as well.

Neil
Title: Re: Cutting Rolls
Post by: john milich on July 26, 2011, 08:05:44 pm
i cut 50" wide rolls to 36"/14" using my woodcutting panel saw with a sharp blade.  worked perfectly.  make sure to blow off any dust from the cut ends to keep your printer clean.  paper was Iford
Title: Re: Cutting Rolls
Post by: enduser on July 26, 2011, 08:51:14 pm
Thanks for the replies.  I had looked at other posts and concluded that a mix of Olfa blade, band saw, panel saw etc were individual responses to an occasional need.  Because I can buy 48" rolls at an exceptional price and print with a 24" machine, I was looking for someone who has a regular need to cut rolls and has found a straightforward method that's some sort of industry standard way of doing it.

I don't mind paying for the right machine.