Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: jimnilsen on July 24, 2011, 11:49:06 pm
-
I have been hand rolling Timeless Satin onto Lyve Canvas and have been getting a milky look especially in the dark areas. I did not have this problem with Glamour 2. I have altered the amount that I put on, the pressure, etc. I am wondering if I am rolling for too long?
-
Jim,
I suggest asking this question over in the Printers, Papers, and Inks forum instead. There are many canvas folks hanging out there. Also, try searching first: there have been several threads in the past regarding Timeless that you may find useful.
Neil
-
Glamour doesn't have a satin finish. The matte Glamour, and all matte finishes, achieve a less shiny surface by means of a flattening agent, usually talc, that imparts a slightly white layer when there is enough of it. Satin finishes just have a little less flattening agent than matte. I found the milky quality of Glamour too strong for my work, and got by with the gloss, which is slightly less glossy than Timeless. If you use more than one coat of Timeless, you might try using gloss for the first coat, followed by a light coat of satin, because the less flattening agent, the better. The darker the background, the more you will notice the ugliness. I don't have experience with rolling Timeless because I spray it, but know the properties of clear finishes, which are unavoidable.