Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: davidh202 on July 22, 2011, 10:32:15 pm

Title: Epson 7900 clean me message
Post by: davidh202 on July 22, 2011, 10:32:15 pm
    A new one.
I have my settings for periodic check and auto clean and haven't printed for a couple of weeks.
Fired up today -printer did an auto clean after a self check and then displayed a "clogged nozzels detected - cleaning recommended" message, but instead of asking if I wanted to clean like it has in the past, it just went ahead and continued printing. ???
 When I finished the print job I did a nozzle test print and had one small gap in the Cyan channel all others were ok.
Did the printer determine the clog was not severe enough to warrant my immediate intervention???

Is my printer self aware???

David
Title: Re: Epson 7900 clean me message
Post by: Ryan Grayley on July 23, 2011, 05:30:23 pm
Change "Auto Cleaning Times" to 3.

http://www.epson.co.uk/Printers-and-All-In-Ones/Large-Format/Epson-Stylus-Pro-9890/Drivers-Support?target=article&extn=.html&articleId=3804#toc2