Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: panoraview on July 22, 2011, 11:53:19 am

Title: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: panoraview on July 22, 2011, 11:53:19 am
Hello everyone. This is my first post in this forum. To me, it's an honor to write a post on this forum, because for a long time, I have been a big fan of The Luminous Landscape, but I never decided to write here, and I think it is time to do so.

I invite you to raise this post, and that you put more pictures with this theme: "Landscapes of harmonic forms"

This time, it is a panorama. The shots are made with a Canon G11, stuck in Autopano and processed in Lightroom.

This is a "greenway" in Spain, located in an old mining railway line.

If anyone wants to see original size, you can click on the picture (http://www.panoraview.com/pview/via-verde-de-la-sierra-cadiz-3/) or title (http://www.panoraview.com/pview/via-verde-de-la-sierra-cadiz-3/).

(http://www.panoraview.com/externas/fotografia_panoramica_000195.jpg) (http://www.panoraview.com/pview/via-verde-de-la-sierra-cadiz-3/)
Greenway of the Sierra de Cadiz (Spain) (http://www.panoraview.com/pview/via-verde-de-la-sierra-cadiz-3/)

Regards.



Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 22, 2011, 12:20:20 pm
Absolutely lovely rendering of the nature's sinusoids! Harmonic forms indeed. To further compliment the harmony of lines and shapes, the colors are equally nicely arranged, cold and warm, blues and oranges. The symbolism of the lonely tree on top of the hill, and the matching cloud shape just above it... great work!

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: louoates on July 22, 2011, 12:39:47 pm
Other than technical perfection with outstanding concept, composition, and content its just another landscape. Nicely done!
Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: panoraview on July 22, 2011, 01:08:04 pm
Thank you very much for the comments, too good for an amateur like me.

I forgot to mention that the image is made ​​with 7 shots stitched.
Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 22, 2011, 01:22:22 pm
Very nice indeed. It makes me want to go looking for "harmonic landscapes" too.
I think I may have one or two from Tuscany, but not as nice as this one.

Welcome to active participation in the forum!

Eric M.
Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: panoraview on July 22, 2011, 01:31:17 pm
Possibly, this is not the place to write this, but I just saw part of the work of the three. The three, who have a spectacular job.
Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: wolfnowl on July 22, 2011, 03:47:36 pm
Welcome to the list!  As others have said, well done!

Mike.
Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: Justan on July 25, 2011, 12:29:11 pm
This is a very nice capture. The sense of balance is remarkable!

0ne slight bit of feedback is that there appears a slight halo on the upper mtn on the right, but that could be an artefact of the image size reduction.
Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: panoraview on July 26, 2011, 01:34:17 am
This is a very nice capture. The sense of balance is remarkable!

0ne slight bit of feedback is that there appears a slight halo on the upper mtn on the right, but that could be an artefact of the image size reduction.

Hello Justan ... thanks for the comment.

You're absolutely right, I had not noticed before. It is possible that it is a reducing effect. In the original files will not see this halo. Even so, I will review it carefully.

But take this opportunity to make self-criticism. For me, the main shortcoming of this image, is the lack of volumes due to the absence of shadows. The sun is too high and landforms are completely enlightened, and consequently very flat.

It's a shame, because even distinguish various levels in the image, the absence of shadows, subtract the effect of depth, which greatly enrich the image.

Please excuse me. Not sure, to express properly. My English is terrible.
Title: Re: Landscapes of harmonic forms
Post by: Justan on July 28, 2011, 11:14:48 am
> You're absolutely right, I had not noticed before. It is possible that it is a reducing effect. In the original files will not see this halo. Even so, I will review it carefully.

You are correct. The halos are due to the size reduction and don’t exist on the original. My bad.

> But take this opportunity to make self-criticism. For me, the main shortcoming of this image, is the lack of volumes due to the absence of shadows. The sun is too high and landforms are completely enlightened, and consequently very flat.

I think this is the kind of thing that only the author would notice. Were the capture made during a more shadow intensive time of day the scene would lack the sense of mid-day, which is a lot of what it’s about.

> It's a shame, because even distinguish various levels in the image, the absence of shadows, subtract the effect of depth, which greatly enrich the image.

Not sure I agree here. When I do sunrise or sunset shots, I always worry about capturing detail in the shadows without blowing the sky. But the truth is that most viewers expect the shadows in that case and the eye will accept a lack of detail in the shadows as long as the sunset/sunrise colors are as expected. The same kind of unwritten rule applies in afternoon shots. The overhead lighting gives the strongest colors, but the trade is a lack of shadow. Again, I think the viewer expects this.