Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Josh-H on July 19, 2011, 05:40:30 am

Title: Parting of the Clouds
Post by: Josh-H on July 19, 2011, 05:40:30 am
Serendipity can be wonderful. I was driving through the South Island of New Zealand a few weeks ago. It was rainy, dreary, overcast and nothing was happening anywhere (I was consuming lots of coffee though at regular cafe stops  ;D). Lake Hawea was totally clagged in as was Lake Wanaka. A hike up to the top of Mount Irons in an effort to get above the mist and cloud proved fruitless. I was starting to get somewhat despondent at the continual grey skies.

Then driving along I peered out the side window of my camper just as the cloud broke in a layer and the sun lit up the revealed mountain. I slammed on the brakes, grabbed the 300mm and rattled off a total of three frames before it was gone. I wish I could share a print as for me there is gorgeous texture in the mountain that is a bit lost in the jpeg. Nevertheless here it is for your thoughts and comments as always.
Title: Re: Parting of the Clouds
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 20, 2011, 08:35:35 am
You didn't happen to ask a bloke at Nugget Point if he knew of a good place to park the camper van for the night did you, while your other half was trying to see the penguins? Coz if you did that was me.

I got some real stunners back out on the point in the morning as I watched the sun come up all on my own, which was utterly amazing, and which was the real reason I was there the night before, just scouting really.

If it was you, then aint it a small world....?

Photobloke
Title: Re: Parting of the Clouds
Post by: Josh-H on July 20, 2011, 08:45:50 pm
You didn't happen to ask a bloke at Nugget Point if he knew of a good place to park the camper van for the night did you, while your other half was trying to see the penguins? Coz if you did that was me.

I got some real stunners back out on the point in the morning as I watched the sun come up all on my own, which was utterly amazing, and which was the real reason I was there the night before, just scouting really.

If it was you, then aint it a small world....?

Photobloke

LOL - nup wasnt me.. must have been a few photogs around  ;D
Title: Re: Parting of the Clouds
Post by: BernardLanguillier on July 20, 2011, 09:25:32 pm
Nice light indeed, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Parting of the Clouds
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 21, 2011, 04:09:19 am
Very nice light.