Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Heinz on July 18, 2011, 04:16:51 pm

Title: Lion Hunting
Post by: Heinz on July 18, 2011, 04:16:51 pm
Spent a few days in the bush. This guy came across a Cheetah who had just hunted and killed a buck.The Lion stole the kill from the Cheetah.
Title: Re: Lion Hunting
Post by: francois on July 19, 2011, 03:50:40 am
Heinz,
It's a very interesting image. The high contrast and the reflection in the water are perfect for the lion silhouette. A tighter crop would make it more abstract but I like it like that.
Title: Re: Lion Hunting
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on July 19, 2011, 12:14:57 pm
You have a winner here Heinz. It is not often you see lion shots like these.
Title: Re: Lion Hunting
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 21, 2011, 02:07:55 pm
Very interesting photograph. I like the tones and the relationship between the lion and the environment. I am usually not the one to slavishly adhere to rules, but in this case I am wondering if the rule of thirds might help? You know, the lion is dab-smack in the middle (vertically). Also there appear to be a couple of out-of-focus branches in the lower part... mildly distracting.
Title: Re: Lion Hunting
Post by: Heinz on August 04, 2011, 04:53:46 pm
Thank you guy's