Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on July 17, 2011, 05:34:45 pm

Title: documentary
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 17, 2011, 05:34:45 pm
This is very interesting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gxZ0oGeH80). I recently bought the series on DVD: I'd forgotten how good it was. There's a rather tedious advertisement at the start.

Enjoy!

Jeremy
Title: Re: documentary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 17, 2011, 05:41:53 pm
Tantalizing. What I get is:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Sorry about that."

 :(
Title: Re: documentary
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 18, 2011, 04:04:27 am
Tantalizing. What I get is:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Sorry about that."

 :(
Sorry. I vaguely suspected that might happen but of course I've no way in which to try it out. The film is a BBC production.

No solution, sadly, unless searching somewhere for "people like us" and "photographer" produces something.

Jeremy
Title: Re: documentary
Post by: Rob C on July 18, 2011, 04:56:59 am
This is very interesting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gxZ0oGeH80). I recently bought the series on DVD: I'd forgotten how good it was. There's a rather tedious advertisement at the start.

Enjoy!

Jeremy



Yep, blocked here in Spain too; at least we miss the ad!

Rob C
Title: Re: documentary
Post by: francois on July 18, 2011, 05:45:02 am
Blocked in Switzerland too...
Title: Re: documentary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 18, 2011, 09:20:46 am
Jeremy,

I have an idea: Why don't you go on a world tour, after downloading the video to a laptop. In each country you visit, upload the video for folks in that country to see.

There are some beautiful places you might want to photograph in the U.S.A., and Spain, and Switzerland, for example.   ;)

Eric
Title: Re: documentary
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 18, 2011, 12:50:33 pm
Jeremy,

I have an idea: Why don't you go on a world tour, after downloading the video to a laptop. In each country you visit, upload the video for folks in that country to see.

There are some beautiful places you might want to photograph in the U.S.A., and Spain, and Switzerland, for example.   ;)

Eric
That's a cracking idea, Eric, but I can envisage just one or two minor drawbacks. I suppose the cost of the trip would be offset by the free accommodation I'd receive from Her Britannic Majesty once I returned, though.

Jeremy