Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Guilbault on July 16, 2011, 01:56:35 pm

Title: Printing 7x10 Cards on 4900?
Post by: Mike Guilbault on July 16, 2011, 01:56:35 pm
I've got a sample pack of MOAB Card stock but can't get the 7x10 stock to feed in the 4900.  I've tried a custom size paper.. but no go.. the printer keeps displaying a warning that the paper is not loaded properly.

any ideas?
Title: Re: Printing 7x10 Cards on 4900?
Post by: dgberg on July 16, 2011, 02:17:23 pm
I just tried a sheet through my 3800 and with the paper entered horizontally in the sheet feed it works fine. (10 wide 7 high)
Not sure if this will work in the 4900.
Are you printing on the entire surface or is this a folding card that you only want to print half of it?
Title: Re: Printing 7x10 Cards on 4900?
Post by: Mike Guilbault on July 16, 2011, 07:54:56 pm
Hmmm.. didn't try the 10 x7 route.  I'll give it a shot tomorrow.  I'm not printing the entire card as in full-bleed, but I am printing the front and back at the same time.  Did you make up a custom paper size Dan?
Title: Re: Printing 7x10 Cards on 4900?
Post by: dgberg on July 16, 2011, 08:02:26 pm
Yes,custom paper size of 10 wide by 7 high with the paper inserted horizontally.
 I first selected a custom size of 7 wide by 10 high and the printer would not take the paper.
Title: Re: Printing 7x10 Cards on 4900?
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on July 16, 2011, 09:06:43 pm
Yes,custom paper size of 10 wide by 7 high with the paper inserted horizontally.
 I first selected a custom size of 7 wide by 10 high and the printer would not take the paper.
As I look at the specifications on the Epson website, the minimum width appears to be 8 inches which is the reason it won't take the paper.  I think the 3880 is the only pro printer that can take a smaller width.
Title: Re: Printing 7x10 Cards on 4900?
Post by: Wayne Fox on July 17, 2011, 03:48:40 am
You might be able to turn off paper size checking to get the printer to take 7" wide sheets. Tell the printer you have 8" loaded, but it might not check. Format your document accordingly. I vaguely remember doing this on a 4800, unsure if Epson has done something so it won't work now.
Title: Re: Printing 7x10 Cards on 4900?
Post by: Mike Guilbault on July 19, 2011, 04:49:11 pm
The 10x7 solution (rather than 7x10) worked fine.  One of those duoh! moments.