Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: martin-images on July 11, 2011, 03:08:29 pm

Title: Street scene
Post by: martin-images on July 11, 2011, 03:08:29 pm
Comments appreciated

Martin
Title: Re: Street scene
Post by: RSL on July 11, 2011, 05:39:52 pm
Very good, Martin. Even the slow shutter speed resulting in the blurred pedestrian is good. Atget would have approved.
Title: Re: Street scene
Post by: wolfnowl on July 12, 2011, 12:41:42 am
Yes, there's a lot to like there.  Well done.

Mike.
Title: Re: Street scene
Post by: pegelli on July 12, 2011, 05:23:04 am
Agree with the others, wonderful image.
Quite dark, but the reflection on the pavement still provides wonderful lighting on the scene.
The blur has been mentioned and it adds mistery, which I like a lot.

Thinking how I would have taken a picture given the same scene is probably framed more to the left, but that would have been more conventional/conformist. However I think your framing is more interesting, so thanks for sharing, as it hopefully helps me break out of my conformist mold and experiment more.
Title: Re: Street scene
Post by: William Walker on July 12, 2011, 06:10:00 am
Every now and then, a bright comet blazes across the Luminous Landscape, the last one being Comet Andrea.
I hope you spend more time here than he did!

Might get boring for you though - you can only take so much praise!

I prefer this to your landscapes, which is strange coming from me. Your post processing is in the same league as John (where is John? I miss him!)

Meteorite William
Title: Re: Street scene
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 12, 2011, 09:34:54 am
I agree with the others. The composition and the processing work together to enhance the mood.

I like your landscapes a lot, but I must agree with "Meteorite William" that this one is very special.

Eric