Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: martin-images on July 10, 2011, 09:53:50 am
-
Lake disrtict
-
Dark, brooding, storm-is-clearing-but-there'll-be-another-one-along-in-a-moment sort of image. You won't sell this one to the Lake District Tourist Board. I like it.
-
Lol , your right about not selling it to them and yet this is the beauty of this area
Thanks
Martin
-
It looks good as a web version, but I believe a large print would be awesome.
-
You may well have past over this option as being not what you prefer, and it is a loss to a sense of the greater valley, but the drama of the attached seemed worth a look.
Bruce
-
Very nice and moody. I remember you said (for another image of yours) you do like it that contrasty because it prints well, so I will not repeat my preference for a less contrasty version ;)
-
What is this colour picture doing in this thread :D, please remove it >:(
-
What is this colour picture doing in this thread :D, please remove it >:(
Apologies, thought it was an "open" thread.
My "critique" on the image:
It's pretty ordinary at best. A good photo should tell a story or at least make you think of one. Maybe try a more distant valley shot and see if there is any drama in the capture.
-
Very nice and moody. I remember you said (for another image of yours) you do like it that contrasty because it prints well, so I will not repeat my preference for a less contrasty version ;)
Thank you Slobodan Blagojevic, your comments are appreciated, you would find in print form that the contrast is not as high as viewing on your monitor, all my images are edited for output on FAP
Martin
-
Martin, you're clearly very talented. If you're not already being represented by a gallery, I recommend getting your portfolio together and shopping it around. Aim high.
-
"My "critique" on the image:
It's pretty ordinary at best. A good photo should tell a story or at least make you think of one. Maybe try a more distant valley shot and see if there is any drama in the capture."
Sour grapes, come up with something that is worth saying
-
Martin, you're clearly very talented. If you're not already being represented by a gallery, I recommend getting your portfolio together and shopping it around. Aim high.
Thank you for that.
I am quite well represented in the USA, Canada, parts of Europe, a recent sale of over 1300 signed prints by Grand image helps to pay the bills
-
at first glance the trees reminded me of a roman legion on march