Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: spacegoose on July 09, 2011, 08:25:56 pm
-
I use a PC (Windows 7 w/ NVIDIA GE Force GT 120 (http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gt_120_us.html) video card) I have the chance to buy an Apple 20" a1081 Cinema Display for around $170 and think it will work, but am hesitant because I've heard the specs (http://www.everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple_cinema_display_20_2.html) aren't that good (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/60372-3-connect-apple-cinema-display-monitor-a1081)?
I'm currently using a Samsung HDTV with a VGA port in the back :) It's not easy to calibrate and I'm not sure it's that great for printing accurately. I have trouble adjusting the gamut with the Win7 built in calibrator. The dots never disappear for each spot entirely.
Can anyone speak to the Apple 20" a1081 Cinema Display on a PC?
The print bureau I sometimes use is using a Dell monitor with a media / card reader on the left side, and seems to be calibrated nicely (not sure of the model, but it's a flat panel that is around 3.5" thick).
I might be interested in getting a new easy to calibrate monitor with better specs if it's around $300. Anyone have any Dell models they recommend? HP? Someone recommended the Dell UltraSharpTM U2311H 23 (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?cs=19&c=us&l=en&sku=320-9270).
Thanks,
sg