Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: adam z on July 08, 2011, 11:27:59 am
-
Hi
I have decided that I would like to do some training on colour management aimed specifically at photo editing and print matching. I would like to develop the skills and knowledge to work to a highly critical level, for example, where one might need to exactly match a print sat howing clothing or some other product for a catalogue or ad campaign colour to the fabric/product itself.
I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and am wondering where to start in my search for this information. Ideally, I would like to train "on the job" by finding suitable employment. That may not be easy to find, so I would also be happy to study part time - preferably online training if it exists. I know there are workshops from time to time and am sure they are valuable in their own way, but I would like something more long term.
Any advice most welcome.
Adam
-
Probably worthwhile inquiring at Kayell (http://www.kayellaustralia.com.au/photo/wcms/) or Image Science (http://www.imagescience.com.au/pages/Digital-Day-Course.html) to see if they can handle something for you in South Australia. Once you've gotten started I guess you could use the knowledge to build upon and experiment with however you will probably need to invest in getting your own gear (like a Colormunki Photo to take samples + display calibration, then use Argyll for more intensive printer profiling).
-
Two good suggestions from Philip. I might also suggest Graphic Arts Supplies (http://graphicarts.com.au/) in Adelaide or to contact Les Walkling (http://www.leswalkling.com/).
-
Excellent. Thanks very much for the suggestions. Will look into these options when I have some spare time.