Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: HSakols on July 06, 2011, 11:05:28 am

Title: What Bargain Monitor I should Consider
Post by: HSakols on July 06, 2011, 11:05:28 am
Hi,

Considering the fact that I don't earn much from my photography, I am looking for a bargain monitor that would calibrate better than my 2008 imac.  Is there anything out there that would cost under $600 or so?  Also, on a side note, do any of you guys have slight color blindness like I do and how do you work with it?  I'm always asking my wife to particularly look at my red and greens. 

Thanks,
Hugh
Title: Re: What Bargain Monitor I should Consider
Post by: digitaldog on July 06, 2011, 11:47:34 am
Just on budget with a colorimeter and software:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/612998-REG/NEC_P221W_BK_SV_MultiSync_P221W_BK_22_Widescreen.html
Title: Re: What Bargain Monitor I should Consider
Post by: HSakols on July 07, 2011, 09:09:08 am
Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.  That is exactly what I'm looking for.  By the way you have a wealth of information on your web site.  Thanks for sharing.

Hugh