Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: nkpoulsen on July 06, 2011, 12:56:45 am

Title: Reasonably Priced, ICC Aware Image Software
Post by: nkpoulsen on July 06, 2011, 12:56:45 am
What are examples of image software that's ICC aware.  Of course, there's PS Elements and Lightroom.

But, I'm thinking more along the lines of Picasa and similarly priced software.  For example, I downloaded Picasa a while back, and from my perspective, it was not ICC aware.  Yet, this is an important capability for software to have.
Title: Re: Reasonably Priced, ICC Aware Image Software
Post by: Hening Bettermann on July 06, 2011, 03:43:41 pm
German PhotoLine is great, it is a budget priced, high-end alternative to Photoshop with tons of features, highly configurable. For 60 € you get both a Mac and Windows version, language can be German or English or a lot of others. Only draw back is the absence of tutorial literature. But there is a manual in German and English, and a very responsive forum, also in English, even though the main forum is in German. Trial download on pl32.de.
Usual disclaimer applies.
Good light!
Title: Re: Reasonably Priced, ICC Aware Image Software
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on July 06, 2011, 04:01:53 pm
For which OS?
RAW support included?


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
Title: Re: Reasonably Priced, ICC Aware Image Software
Post by: ToniF on July 07, 2011, 07:36:02 am
I like FastPicutreViewer (http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/).

Toni
Title: Re: Reasonably Priced, ICC Aware Image Software
Post by: deejjjaaaa on July 07, 2011, 09:24:35 pm
P1's C1 Express for free = http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/captureone/
Title: Re: Reasonably Priced, ICC Aware Image Software
Post by: Hening Bettermann on July 08, 2011, 04:24:09 pm
For which OS?

>> For 60 € you get both a Mac and Windows version

Sorry, my memory failed me, it's 59,- € each

Quote
RAW support included?

Yes a raw converter is included, but I can not testify to its quality, since I use Raw Developer.

Good light - Hening.


Title: Re: Reasonably Priced, ICC Aware Image Software
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on July 09, 2011, 07:25:24 am
Sorry, I thought the thread starter could add "details" like that to his question.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm