Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Samaila Sodangi on July 05, 2011, 03:28:32 am

Title: Reddish skin tones from my z3100 prins
Post by: Samaila Sodangi on July 05, 2011, 03:28:32 am
Hello everyone,

I have been battling with reddish skin tones from all my Z3100 prints and almost at the point of giving up! I now go around the problem by desaturating skin tone reds way beyond what I'm comfortable with and the result is always unpredictable.
I print from Qimage that I initially suspected to be the culprit but when I printed from PS I got almost the same amount of reds in the skin tone. I have the TR12-TR_7.0.0.3 OS TR_2.1.2 and actually started experiencing such problem after the firmware upgrade. Could it be the cause? Any way I can downgrade to factory installed firmware?
Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Reddish skin tones from my z3100 prins
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on July 05, 2011, 06:11:21 am
Are you using the printer often enough, in other words the issue not a sign of pigment settling in the ink lines?


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop

http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html
Title: Re: Reddish skin tones from my z3100 prins
Post by: Samaila Sodangi on July 05, 2011, 07:22:51 am
Are you using the printer often enough, in other words the issue not a sign of pigment settling in the ink lines?


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop

http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html


Actually I started using the printer on regular basis just some 3 months ago and I bought it precisely two years ago, though all the starter carts have alreday been exhausted and replaced.
Title: Re: Reddish skin tones from my z3100 prins
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on July 05, 2011, 10:09:26 am
I think that is the cause of your problem. Waste ink till there is fresh ink in the heads.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop

http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html
Title: Re: Reddish skin tones from my z3100 prins
Post by: Samaila Sodangi on July 05, 2011, 10:24:56 am
I think that is the cause of your problem. Waste ink till there is fresh ink in the heads.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop

http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

Some of the heads carry their second carts already.