Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: natas on July 01, 2011, 02:04:21 pm

Title: Epson Printers and Lion Support
Post by: natas on July 01, 2011, 02:04:21 pm
Does anyone know if the Epson drivers will work with Lion? I seem to recall some of the drivers requiring Rosetta which is no longer supported in Lion
Title: Re: Epson Printers and Lion Support
Post by: Schewe on July 01, 2011, 03:07:48 pm
I seem to recall some of the drivers requiring Rosetta which is no longer supported in Lion

Actually, Rosetta was only needed to run the driver installers which were using Installer Vice (Carbon APIs). New installers will need to be released by Epson that use Installer X (Cocoa APIs) at some point for Lion compatibility.

As far as I know, installed drivers should work ok–but we simply don't know yet what's going to happen. Personally, I would only install Lion on a non-mission critical test machine for the first few weeks/months until the issues are shaken out.
Title: Re: Epson Printers and Lion Support
Post by: Sven W on July 01, 2011, 03:48:58 pm
The opposite to Christmas: The annual release of the Apple System >:(
Title: Re: Epson Printers and Lion Support
Post by: stretchdcanvas on July 03, 2011, 09:45:48 am
Yes....... eventually.
Title: Re: Epson Printers and Lion Support
Post by: elolaugesen on July 05, 2011, 07:50:21 am
look at my topic re this ...   sorry did not go down far enough and repeated topic....