Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on June 27, 2011, 04:28:05 pm

Title: Drive By Shooting
Post by: Rob C on June 27, 2011, 04:28:05 pm
On a roll, baby, on a roll!

Rob C
Title: Re: Drive By Shooting
Post by: John Camp on June 27, 2011, 06:43:33 pm
I would be interested in Michael's take on the G3. Same as the GH2, give or take a little?
Title: Re: Drive By Shooting
Post by: michael on June 27, 2011, 07:36:17 pm
That's a good summary. Smaller, lighter, less manual controls, no manual video controls.

Not a replacement for the GH2 by any means, but a less expensive alternative. Better IQ than any other M43 than the GH2.

Michael
Title: Re: Drive By Shooting
Post by: Pelao on June 27, 2011, 08:58:42 pm
Yes, that photograph is a good catch.

I wonder how close to the  G3 is to the GH2 in terms of still quality? From what I have read and seen there is not much in it, but I suppose we will only really know when RAW samples have been compared.

The one weakness with my GF1 has been the VF. The G3 has fewer manual controls (but two programmable Fn buttons) and a nice built-in VF. Looking forward to the field report.
Title: Re: Drive By Shooting
Post by: bobtowery on June 30, 2011, 03:56:14 pm
Arresting image!