Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: EgillBjarki on June 22, 2011, 03:31:27 pm

Title: CF card readers USB 3.0/Thunderbolt
Post by: EgillBjarki on June 22, 2011, 03:31:27 pm
Hey forum,

Lexars recent release of it's USB 3.0 CF and SD card reader got me thinking. Currently I'm running a Macbook Pro from 2008 and I plan on buying a new one by the end of this year or early next. With that in mind and Apple's Thunberbolt port and no USB 3.0, what would be your move?

Will Apple have USB 3.0 or will they stick to Thunberbolt?

Does any one have experience of a CF card reader with thunderbolt port? Does one exist (can't find on at BH web)?
Title: Re: CF card readers USB 3.0/Thunderbolt
Post by: RobSaecker on June 23, 2011, 12:26:56 am
Apple will stick with thunderbolt; eventually you'll be able to connect USB 3 devices via thunderbolt.
Title: Re: CF card readers USB 3.0/Thunderbolt
Post by: EgillBjarki on June 23, 2011, 01:30:19 pm
Thanks, I'm going to wait until I update the computer before I buy any card readers.