Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on June 21, 2011, 11:47:43 pm
-
When I first saw the scene I thought I struck gold, however now I don't seem to be getting the look that I wanted for them. I'm into it too much to be objective. I know my post-processing skills are severely lacking but I want to see if you think there is anything that's worthy (this also comes in the context of a suspicious lack of replies in my other recent topics ;) )
PS. in Cuyahoga Falls National Park
PPS. I wouldn't post that many pictures at once but in a week I'll start a new job that will keep me very busy for the next 2 years (and doesn't involve photography ;D )
-
Make a big gallery-wrap canvas out of grass-3 and take it around to some galleries and interior decorators. 30x45 is about right. No promises, but I like it and maybe somebody else would too. If nothing else it would be a good calling card that would be remembered. You would need pretty good technical quality for that, can't really tell from the reduction.
-
The first one and the last one don't do much for me. The second one's nice but I think it would have benefitted from more depth of field. I do like the third one, though.
Mike.
-
I don't plan to sell pictures, although it sounds tempting. I am realistic and plan to keep photography as a hobby especially as I enjoy my job most of the times and is plenty lucrative. I do however print for myself and as gifts, so I followed your advice and I printed the third one 13x19 (as big as I go) on Moab Sommerset Museum Rag and it looks quite nice. Yeah, some more depth of field would have been even better but looks good as it is right now. It's 1h away from me and next time I will have more experience with 70-300mm (1.5x crop factor), I didn't realize the DOF at 300mm, f8 and 6-7m focusing distance is only about half a foot.
-
Grass 3 is a winner!
I like it very much, it is a really good colour abstract that would probably do well with a stock agency. I also agree with Bill, that this image would look good as a large gallery wrapped canvas. Well seen and taken.
Photobloke