Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ashwee5185 on June 21, 2011, 05:15:23 pm
-
Hey, I wanted to face mount some printed graphics and I wanted to do it myself on the cheap. I never done this before-- however I am very handy. I am having problems finding a good adhesive and a good supplier. Does anyone have any recommendations? The graphics will have a relatively short shelf life, but will they are used I want them to not yellow and to look professional. I will not be doing a huge volume, so its not like I need a 5 gallon bucket of adhesive. Any thoughts??
-
Hey, I wanted to face mount some printed graphics and I wanted to do it myself on the cheap. I never done this before-- however I am very handy. I am having problems finding a good adhesive and a good supplier. Does anyone have any recommendations? The graphics will have a relatively short shelf life, but will they are used I want them to not yellow and to look professional. I will not be doing a huge volume, so its not like I need a 5 gallon bucket of adhesive. Any thoughts??
I use 5mm kapa boards with self adhesive on one side. You just peel the film of and you are set to go. Dont forget to use a rubber roller to mount your pics. (http://www.naturfotoforum.se/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10040&highlight=kapa+montera) here they use adhesive though but the process is the same you just dont spray
-
is this rear-mounting? I want to be able to see the image through the acrylic
-
This topic has been discussed several times in the past on the forum. Here's some links for you to read through:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=53963.0
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=52093.0
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=54245.0
There's general agreement that this is something you should outsource.
Neil
-
I have used pure photo gelatin for this. Very forgiving and quite effective. Quite a big learning curve though and you need a good roller and technique to get all air out.
-
I use Seals Optimount adhesive for acrylic face mounting.
A very tricky process with a healthy learning curve.
You need a roll laminator for this speciality work. Seal does not sell sample rolls and the full rolls are expensive $$$.
I am not sure exactly what I paid for my roll but think it was arount $300. It will cost about $60 a square foot + or - to have an online company do this for you. Bumblejax is one.
Drytak and several other companies sell a similar product. Google facemount adhesives and you will find a couple of distributors.
As Neil says in his post, if you are just looking for several of these and do not have the proper equipment then buying them is the ticket.