Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Roberto Frieri on June 20, 2011, 03:31:26 pm
-
More images and details here: http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110619T221543.html (http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110619T221543.html)
-
With the exception of the last one, they all look too tightly framed.
-
I agree with shutterpup's comments. I went to your website and found that the thin black frame around your images improves the tight crop situation…
That said, I like your photos. The subject is not conventional and you managed to produce very pleasing renditions.
Good job.
-
I completely disagree about the images being cropped too tight. The OP is trying to show what makes each tree unique, not simply what each tree looks like.
The only issue I have is that the first image seen from the "more images" link has a very busy background, unlike the rest of the images that have simple and non-competing backgrounds. That first one just does not seem to belong to the group. Otherwise, it's very nice work.
-
With the exception of the last one, they all look too tightly framed.
That's right. I used a 50mm (+ 1.3x crop factor) in little space. Thank you for your comment.
...I went to your website and found that the thin black frame around your images improves the tight crop situation…
That said, I like your photos. The subject is not conventional and you managed to produce very pleasing renditions...
It's very kind of you. Thank you very much.
I completely disagree about the images being cropped too tight. The OP is trying to show what makes each tree unique, not simply what each tree looks like. The only issue I have is that the first image seen from the "more images" link has a very busy background, unlike the rest of the images that have simple and non-competing backgrounds. That first one just does not seem to belong to the group. Otherwise, it's very nice work.
Thank you and yes, the first picture on my website is the only one I shot outside, but I like it too...
As always, sorry for my poor english.