Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: NigelC on June 17, 2011, 04:35:28 pm
-
When i ordered Thinpad W520 recently, specified "virtual" XP mode, as have some scanner/driver software not compatible with Vista/7 64 bit.
Having some difficulty with this - says hardware not enabled, but I've been into BIOS and enabled virtualisation (found it in a funny place though, in security rather than under CPU). Have I overlooked something? Its a i7 2.2GHZ with 8GB RAM, running 7Pro 64bit
-
In Bios goto Config | CPU| IntelĀ® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
Also, I've seen on a couple of models some interaction with DEP (Data Execution Prevention). In any case turn DEP off and see if this helps...
Bios Config | Security | Memory | Data
Finally, you don't absolutely need VT on to run XP - MS has an update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977206
-
In Bios goto Config | CPU| IntelĀ® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
Also, I've seen on a couple of models some interaction with DEP (Data Execution Prevention). In any case turn DEP off and see if this helps...
Bios Config | Security | Memory | Data
Finally, you don't absolutely need VT on to run XP - MS has an update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977206
But that's what's odd - When i go into Configure/CPU, there is no VT. Only found VT enabling by acident in security