Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Roberto Frieri on June 17, 2011, 07:51:05 am
-
M8 + Biogon 2/35
Raw file processed in Capture One 6
For more shots & details: http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110605T205513.html (http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110605T205513.html)
-
The picture of the clocks with its selective focus is kind of interesting. The typewriter is interesting as an object, but not particularly as a photograph. Then there's a shot of three people with their backs to the camera and another one that's just sort of a jumble. Neither of those do anything for me.
-
I'm with Pop on this, Roberto. I can understand the shot of the clocks and the shot of the typewriter. I make record shots like these often because I've learned that these things vanish. But I don't understand what you were after in the other two. For the shot of the three backs to have a chance of succeeding we'd need to see what the three are focusing on. The other shot, again mostly of backs, is diffuse. There doesn't seem to be any there there. What did you see as the focus of this shot?
But you should keep it up. You learn street photography by doing two things: (1) becoming familiar with the work of the masters of the genre, and (2) making photographs. Technically, all four of these shots are fine. What's missing is what I'd call emotional cohesion.
-
The picture of the clocks with its selective focus is kind of interesting. The typewriter is interesting as an object, but not particularly as a photograph. Then there's a shot of three people with their backs to the camera and another one that's just sort of a jumble. Neither of those do anything for me.
My thoughts exactly. I do like the clocks; but I'd like the shot more without the blurred highlights on the glass thing at the back a little to the left of centre.
Jeremy
-
Well, thanks for your comments.
The focus of the third and fourth shots is:
- the tatoo on the girl's back
- the mixture of different people living in a very little city in the north of Italy
I apologise for my poor English.
-
Well, thanks for your comments.
The focus of the third and fourth shots is:
- the tatoo on the girl's back
- the mixture of different people living in a very little city in the north of Italy
I apologise for my poor English.
Your English is fine, Roberto; have you ever been to Gorizia?
Anyway, pictures: looking at your website, I think you should stick more with black/white; the b/w shots there are much more interesting (to me) than the colour you've posted here, and I feel you have a much better eye than anyone who hasn't seen the website might think.
Ciao -
Rob C
-
Thank you very much Rob.
No, I've never been to Gorizia.
I live in a small mountain village near Garda Lake.