Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: tom b on June 17, 2011, 12:40:34 am
-
Since you have all mastered removing the powerlines from Bill's photo, here's the next challenge.
(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o6QMmE8Errc/TfrZ0wwH-OI/AAAAAAAAA8c/mkmahiZpl1k/s1600/power_lines.jpg)
From Old Delhi.
Cheers,
-
Do you want us to remove the powerlines, the house or the sky?????
-
Wait until Photoshop CS6. Content aware will handle this case with no problem…
-
Wait until Photoshop CS6. Content aware will handle this case with no problem…
... using the new Voice Activation Feature: "Remove the powerlines, Hal!"
-
You made my day, Tom ;)
John
-
If you look closely these are not all power lines. Please indicate which are support cables, guy wires, and lightning suppressor lines and I'll gladly remove just the power lines for you. CS6 will not be able to distinguish between those. But I have it from a good source that CS7 will.
-
Thanks John, here in Australia you have to be certified to work on powerlines past the meter box. Looking at the Old Delhi powerlines I'm sure that you would have to be certified to work on them there too!
Cheers,
-
If someone had to work on this, seriously, would they turn mad or just say no?
-
If someone had to work on this, seriously, would they turn mad or just say no?
Seriously, hopeless as it looks, there must be a way of doing it. It would take some time and concentration - which I can't manage right now because of some serious priorities - to develop an efficient/effective strategy for approaching it, in terms of the tools to use and how to use them, but I'd really be surprised if SOMEONE couldn't come up with a satisfactory fix.
-
The only way I know, is to model that building and the sky in a 3D programme without the post. That, IMO, would be easier than to actually have to remove some things from the picture. The top look doable but the bottom is impossible.
-
Removal of the power lines on the sky is pretty easy with a simple gradient to recreate the sky, but it'd not remove the power lines from the whole photo, but rather remove just the disturbing ones (i.e. mask out the sky where you don't need it retouched).
-
You have done a great job. However, that picture cannot be saved unless the post is gone.
-
You have done a great job. However, that picture cannot be saved unless the post is gone.
Why? The powerline has simply been turned into an avant-garde sculpture!
-
Do you think that picture looks good with that post in the centre and the wires stretching towards the right corner?
-
The image was taken from the front of a moving rickshaw and as such was a very much a point and shoot effort.
I realise that the tool we need Thomas to delelop is a much broader one than the healing brush. Hence I think that we should be requesting the healing mop. Michael…
Cheers,
-
The only tool I can think of to save this picture is a chainsaw... used on the post's base.
-
Ah, but could you save yourself the the wires came down?
Cheers