Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: OnyimBob on June 16, 2011, 08:24:19 am

Title: My Exhibition
Post by: OnyimBob on June 16, 2011, 08:24:19 am
For those interested I had my exhibition of photographs from Japan open on friday evening here in Bairnsdale, Victoria at the East Gippsland Art Gallery. This has been a long standing project and I'm sort of relieved it's finally done. You can see the images here (http://www.bobmunro.com). The blame for the project lies squarely with Norman Koren (http://www.normankoren.com/links.html) for the link on his web site to Kawase Hasui under Other Links. It was following that link three or four years ago that began the madness!
The exhibition was actually a double show - my step daughter shared the gallery with her paintings seen here (http://www.lisashanahan.net.au). Her works were mostly done during a fight with cancer and are fairly confronting - needless to say I am proud of her guts and talent!
The show is open until the 20th June. If there are any in this area who might visit please contact me for details of opening hours - it would be good to catch up. I'm sort of in the photography wilderness out here.
Cheers, Bob.
NOTE: I originally posted this in the Coffee Corner and had not one reply after 90 odd views - hopefully I'll get some response here. I'm always open to constructive criticism.
Title: Re: My Exhibition
Post by: RSL on June 16, 2011, 10:30:08 am
Bob, They're very pleasant tourist pictures.
Title: Re: My Exhibition
Post by: wolfnowl on June 16, 2011, 02:13:54 pm
Couldn't get your site to load, Bob - kept timing out.  Congrats to your daughter on winning her 'fight'!

Mike.
Title: Re: My Exhibition
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 16, 2011, 05:05:27 pm
Bob, They're very pleasant tourist pictures.
Ouch!

Jeremy
Title: Re: My Exhibition
Post by: RSL on June 16, 2011, 09:34:17 pm
Ouch!

Jeremy, I think some of Lisa's paintings are quite interesting. Some of Bob's urban shots are good. The light in some of his landscapes is captivating. But what he asked for was comments on the Japanese shots and that's what I commented on.
Title: Re: My Exhibition
Post by: popnfresh on June 17, 2011, 01:38:38 am
I think about 2/3 of the Japanese shots can be fairly characterized as tourist snapshots. But there are some that rise above that. In particular, the B&W shots of Osaka Castle (i think that's what it is) are quite good. There's also a B&W shot of a beach with large rock formations, and color shots of Mt. Fujiyama and a long sunlit red corridor that I like very much.