Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: haring on June 16, 2011, 01:23:50 am
-
(http://www.haringphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/MG_4452.jpg)
-
I find that claw-like hand on the top distracting. I would have been tempted to Photoshop it out.
-
The girl looks stunned -- or maybe stoned.
-
Yes, a nice shot somewhat spoiled (my view only) by the arm mit claw.
I'd cut the left side of the frame to just a fraction left of the highlight on the rim of her mirror, bring the top of the frame close to her head, PS out the arm and there you go, a stronger look.
Whether stoned of stunned she's still pretty nice as she is.
Rob C
-
You have really lovely tonality. That the woman's mouth is half hidden is distracting, as is the wristwatch in the foreground. Have you tried a square crop with the woman's face slightly to the right of center?