Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: amsp on June 13, 2011, 08:36:06 am
-
I'm trying to find the most compact and light backpack that will hold a Mamiya 645, a couple of lenses and a 15" Macbook Pro. So far the best fit I've found is the Thinktank Airport Antidote V2.0, any other ideas?
-
I use also the Urban Disguise 50 V2 as i can get my 15 MBP in it plus the DF/Body and lens than 2 other lenses in it. I use this for short trips and airplanes . I also use a 3 lens changer bag from TT to put the other lenses in when needed. But the Antidote is maybe one of the best solutions if you want everything in it. I really like the TT bags alot.
Bags are like shoes can't have enough of them. LOL
I admit I have way to many bags and will probably never find the perfect one either.
One other bag I use from TT is the Streetwalker Pro which holds all the MF but not a laptop. But i think they have a version that does
-
The Urban Disguise with an optional shoulder harness might actually be a better and more flexible fit, thanks for the tip.
-
Here is the Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive which looks interesting. My only concern is deep enough for our DF body. Have not tried this one though
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/streetwalker-harddrive-backpack.aspx
-
I already ordered the Urban Disguise ;D I'm leaving for Istanbul in 5 days and wanted something that would allow me to bring a basic MF kit, something easy to travel with AND walk around with once on site, the Urban Disguise seems pretty much perfect. thanks again.
-
LOL you will like it great bag
-
If not I will send you the bill ;)
-
Here is the Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive which looks interesting. My only concern is deep enough for our DF body. Have not tried this one though
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/streetwalker-harddrive-backpack.aspx
I have this one. It's a very well made comfortable backpack, to hold, for example, a Contax 645 with lens attached, another 3-5 lenses, a flash and 17" laptop.
If your shoulders can support such a weight ;D
I use a Lowepro Top Loader Pro 75 AW Camera Bag about 100% of time. It has no space for laptop. The 75 AW is on chest and you can use a separate thin laptop backpack, when needed.
-
I rather like the Kata Ultra-Light Bug-255 UL backpack. It has an internal frame, unlike most of backpacks, that transfers weight off shoulders onto hips. It also uses a mesh on the frame that keeps the pack off the back, allowing air to circulate. The pack has a separate slot for a laptop and a detachable tripod holder.
-
If not I will send you the bill ;)
Great and in return you get my IQ 160 one. LOL
-
http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?p_Id=508
holds a camera and lens in the bottom, sometimes even a spare lens. And then up top, more gear, or clothing. Computer fits easily and nicely, comes with a trolley, useful if fully loaded.
-
LOL you will like it great bag
I just got the bag and I have to say it's pretty darn fantastic. Build quality is second to none, very compact and manageable but still enough space for everything you might need. If possible would you mind showing how you pack it yourself? Might give me some tips on optimizing it, even though I already got everything in it with room to spare.
Cheers
-
I actually put the DF/Back and 80 lens together straight down in than the other side I stack two lenses with a foam divider. Does not hold the whole system but sometimes just 3 lenses is enough and i always have that 3 lens changer bag from TT to put extra lenses in and cross shoulder that. BTW I use the 3 lens changer when I am doing workshops an landscape stuff and I can really get 4 lenses in it plus carry the camera and tripod and walk around. I try to get away from these backpacks sometimes as they are just bulky.
here is the 3 lens changer I really like a lot
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/retrospective-lens-changer-3-black-shoulder-bag.aspx
-
Yeah, sounds similar to what I did. I put the the 645 w. 80mm lens down in the middle, a 35mm on one side and a 120mm on the other, then used the space on top of the lenses for a light meter and the PhaseOne battery charger. Everything fits nice and snug. I'll probably pick up the shoulder harness and some accessories later on, I love the flexibility of this thing.
-
That Lens changer 3 looks good. Anyone know if a Hasselblad 50-110 would fit in it?
Shaun
-
I'm sure it would I can fit my 300mm Mamiya lens in it
-
I rather like the Kata Ultra-Light Bug-255 UL backpack. It has an internal frame, unlike most of backpacks, that transfers weight off shoulders onto hips. It also uses a mesh on the frame that keeps the pack off the back, allowing air to circulate. The pack has a separate slot for a laptop and a detachable tripod holder.
Where did you end up buying this one?