Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on June 08, 2011, 08:21:23 am

Title: Rehearsal
Post by: Rob C on June 08, 2011, 08:21:23 am
Nice one, Michael; lovely sense of suggestion...

Rob C
Title: Re: Rehearsal
Post by: fredjeang on June 08, 2011, 08:27:45 am
Agree. Very nice picture.
Title: Re: Rehearsal
Post by: bobtowery on June 08, 2011, 11:20:03 am
Absolutely arresting tones. Fantastic capture indeed, Michael.

(note the typo in the city name...)
Title: Re: Rehearsal
Post by: Rob C on June 10, 2011, 03:02:59 am
Absolutely arresting tones. Fantastic capture indeed, Michael.

(note the typo in the city name...)



And the one in the new title, too; that's because, being Canadian, he didn't take in the niceties of the movie.

;-)

PS My glass houses are in great danger!
Title: Re: Rehearsal
Post by: michael on June 10, 2011, 08:19:31 am
Proper spelling is the hobgoblin of small minds – as someone famous once said.

Actually, I think it was me.

Michael
Title: Re: Rehearsal
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 10, 2011, 09:33:45 am
Proper spelling is the hobgoblin of small minds – as someone famous once said.

Actually, I think it was me.

Michael
Please, Michael! The Grammarian Police would insist that you should say "I think it was I," not "I think it was me."   ;)

Eric
Title: Re: Rehearsal
Post by: Rob C on June 10, 2011, 09:53:13 am
Please, Michael! The Grammarian Police would insist that you should say "I think it was I," not "I think it was me."   ;)

Eric


Yup; the verb to be does not take an object, unfortunately. If it did, life would be far more simple.

But shit, it was still a great movie. I watched it for the second or third time years ago, at my mother's place, one night, during a trip over to Scotland from Spain. The two women had abandoned me to it and gone to bed, and I remember watching that film with tears in my eyes for my lost youth; not that it was spent in America, but some things transcend borders, and a part of US culture of the period is/was one of them.

;-(

Rob C