Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: RFPhotography on June 06, 2011, 08:50:44 pm
-
I'm trying to play with 3D in CS5 Extended and not having any success.
When I select the text layer that I want to work with, I then go to 3D>Repousse>Text Layer. I do have Window>3D open. Once I choose my 3D option, nothing works. Anything I click on I get the 'ding' sound. All menu items are greyed out. None of the 3D tools in the 3D panel work. The only way I can get back to normal functioning is to quit the program using CTRL+ALT+DEL. When I watch this video, http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-cs5/russell-browns-favorite-feature-in-photoshop-cs5-extended/ and see what happens when Brown chooses Repousse I don't get the Repousse screen pop up when I try to go into that option.
And yes, I am certain I've got Extended.
Thanks.
-
Are you using 64 bit or 32 bit? A guess by me that might make a difference?
-
Good question. Sorry I missed providing that originally. I'm on a 64 bit Win7 system.
-
Have you tried using it in 32 bit?
-
Same problem.
-
One possibility. Do you have the latest version of Quicktime installed? It's needed to run videos.
-
Don't think that's the issue. It's not a problem viewing the video. It's a problem in PS that the 3D tools aren't working.
-
I had a "similar" problem when trying to import a video into CS5 64 bit extended to edit it. I am using Windows 64 bit. The video wouldn't load because it stated that quick time had to be on the computer which I had and it was the latest version. Turned out that I had quick time blocked by my firewall. Possibly similar? I think quick time might be the common denominator? Try
http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_windows :)
-
QT isn't blocked. I don't have the latest version but that shouldn't matter. Thanks for the link to the Adobe forum. That is one place that I probably wouldn't go for help. In my experience, it's the worst place to try to get help.