Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Alan W George on June 04, 2011, 01:20:31 pm

Title: Dual sided glossy paper for book making...
Post by: Alan W George on June 04, 2011, 01:20:31 pm
Any recommendations....

Thanks!
Title: Re: Dual sided glossy paper for book making...
Post by: neile on June 05, 2011, 01:03:55 am
Red River makes a 45lb. Zepplin Semi-Gloss and an 85 lb. Pecos River Gloss Duo. http://www.redrivercatalog.com/browse/photo-gloss-inkjet-papers.html#doublesided

Neil
Title: Re: Dual sided glossy paper for book making...
Post by: Thelo on June 05, 2011, 07:59:37 am
Ilford has a double-sided Gallerie-serie product called Smooth Lustre Duo with semigloss/lustre finish.

Tecco has a product called SGD250 DUO-Semigloss. Really don't know about its availabity outside of Europe.
Title: Re: Dual sided glossy paper for book making...
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on June 05, 2011, 11:56:47 am
Ilford has a double-sided Gallerie-serie product called Smooth Lustre Duo with semigloss/lustre finish.

Tecco has a product called SGD250 DUO-Semigloss. Really don't know about its availabity outside of Europe.


Tecco's EFI proof 9155 DUO Semi Matte 170 grams is very similar to if not a clone to the Red River Zeppelin Semi Gloss. I have samples of both. Similar spectral plots. Not an RC paper.

HP has a 100 grams dual sided.

I wonder whether any glossy paper can be used in books without measures to avoid sticking together and/or ink transfer. I think dye inks may prove better then.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
Title: Re: Dual sided glossy paper for book making...
Post by: Robcat on June 05, 2011, 08:08:44 pm
I've used the Ilford Galleie smooth lustre duo for two projects, one a regular photo album and the another that my sister in law is binding into a book. It looks good and I particularly like that you can get it in 12" x 12." I did not interleaf any tissue and haven't heard from the clients that there were sticking issues (as per Ernst) though I suppose it's something to think about. This is certainly not standard book paper and the surface will not be as robust as standard press printing.
Rob P
Title: Re: Dual sided glossy paper for book making...
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on June 06, 2011, 02:16:04 am
Rob,

What ink  was used, dye or pigment? I would expect less issues with dye ink but it is not based on experience.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
Title: Re: Dual sided glossy paper for book making...
Post by: Robcat on June 07, 2011, 09:56:11 am
Hi Ernst,
Quote
Rob,

What ink  was used, dye or pigment? I would expect less issues with dye ink but it is not based on experience.


This was pigment ink with an 8300. Maybe I'll contact the client and see how the pages have held up.
Rob