Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on June 01, 2011, 01:12:42 pm

Title: rich bubbles
Post by: Michael West on June 01, 2011, 01:12:42 pm
 
(http://westworldwide.businesscatalyst.com/extra/bubble%20star%20reflcetion%202.jpg)
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Bruce Cox on June 01, 2011, 01:52:12 pm
Wow, but it seems to me to be two different pictures not quite combined; one with a light background and one with a dark background. 

Bruce
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: degrub on June 01, 2011, 02:15:12 pm
Metaphoric. The person trapped in the right bubble, the world in the left, and emptiness in between.
yowzer!
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Michael West on June 01, 2011, 02:33:52 pm
Metaphoric. The person trapped in the right bubble, the world in the left, and emptiness in between.
yowzer!

That person is the guy who was making the bubbles who I hadnt noticed until I made a major crop.
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Michael West on June 01, 2011, 02:37:27 pm
Wow, but it seems to me to be two different pictures not quite combined; one with a light background and one with a dark background. 

Bruce

 a single exposure and not particlarly easy  to capture
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Rob C on June 01, 2011, 02:43:59 pm
The very best bit is the beautiful breast with the psychedelic illustrations on the areola.

Wonderful stuff, and no model fees!

Rob C
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: popnfresh on June 01, 2011, 02:50:25 pm
Michael, you are truly the bubblemeister.
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: degrub on June 01, 2011, 03:20:25 pm
It's Art, Rob. ;)
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Rob C on June 01, 2011, 04:09:14 pm
It's Art, Rob. ;)



Yup, and the best art is always so simple; beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder this time!

Rob C
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Bruce Cox on June 01, 2011, 04:31:32 pm
a single exposure and not particlarly easy  to capture

I believe and admire the exposure; I can only guess at a little of what it might take to do it.  My eyes seem to be badly out voted here as regards the background.  However, I continue to think consolidating it some would help the picture.  

Bruce
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Rob C on June 01, 2011, 04:33:53 pm
Bruce, you've killed the essential lightness.

Rob C
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Bruce Cox on June 01, 2011, 05:23:30 pm
Bruce, you've killed the essential lightness.

Rob C

Yes, hard on lightness which is not good [I took down the dark version].  I mean to suggest a direction with the sketch more than fix the picture up better than new.  Crudely making the background lighter as in the attached is not better than the original, but I am not trying to make it my picture, just show a possibility.  And I will quit with this.

Bruce
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Michael West on June 01, 2011, 07:11:07 pm
Michael, you are truly the bubblemeister.

Thank you, That particular image was captured in amongst the redwoods and massively cropped.
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: wolfnowl on June 02, 2011, 01:07:26 am
Michael, you are truly the bubblemeister.

Truly!!

Mike.
Title: Re: rich bubbles
Post by: Michael West on June 02, 2011, 11:19:06 am
Truly!!

Mike.

Thank you.