Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 06, 2005, 09:06:07 pm
-
Not in Capture One, but on a laptop I recently had a similar message about the instruction at "..." referencing memory at location "..." which could not be read. This happened during the boot up process, and the computer wouldn't boot, even into safe mode (it runs Win XP). At first I thought the hard drive might be fried or the machine dead, so I tried cleaning the contacts on the memory cards and hard drive connectors, and lo-and-behold, the problem went away!
So I would suggest backing up everything important (just in case), then shutting down, and then removing the memory simms or dimms or whatever, wiping the contacts with a soft clean cloth and reinserting them. That just may solve the problem.
Good luck
Eric
-
I just processed a few images in the normal way. Didn't do anything I wouldn't normally do.
When I tried to close Capture One, the program interface disappeared from the screen, but the following error message appeared:
"Capture One.exe Application Error: The instruction at "0x7c910f29" referenced memory at "0x6d6c6996". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program."
I clicked OK and the program closed.
I then opened Photoshop and opened each of the images in turn without a hitch. They seem fine.
Anyone had this error?
Thanks.
D.
-
Eric,
As it happens, I too have a laptop running XP Pro.
Will give the cleaning route a try.
Thanks.
D.