Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on May 28, 2011, 01:38:48 pm

Title: Black dog against black background
Post by: BobDavid on May 28, 2011, 01:38:48 pm
I've started photographing black dogs against black backgrounds. This lab retriever is 11 years old and has hip problems, so it was difficult for her to get comfortable for the session. Any thoughts?

More doggie photos at www.topdogimaging.net
Title: Re: Black dog against black background
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 28, 2011, 02:01:18 pm
I think the background works. He has a typically soulful expression but his tongue is rather intrusive (yes, I know they can sense when you're about to release the shutter and stick out their tongues in the microsecond before you do).

Jeremy
Title: Re: Black dog against black background
Post by: BobDavid on May 28, 2011, 05:23:36 pm
I agree 100%. The client said that the dog is always panting and it's gotten worse as she has gotten older. So, they were pleased. The dog wouldn't stop panting. I managed to catch a split-second or two when her tongue wasn't sticking out, but those shots were clunkers.