Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Andrew Larkin on July 02, 2005, 09:03:42 pm

Title: Watermarking - incorporating text?
Post by: Andrew Larkin on July 02, 2005, 09:03:42 pm
The digimarc technology embeds the data in the visible image as a form of noise.  The amount of data is deliberately limited as embedding a lot of data means using a lot of noise.

However, the data that is embedded includes your digimarc ID.  A user can find out who you are and your email address from this ID.  When a user selects "Digimarc/Read Watermarc" there is an option to look up the details.

Andrew
Title: Watermarking - incorporating text?
Post by: Dinarius on June 30, 2005, 11:09:27 am
In PSCS, when embedding a watermark, I can choose from Copyright Year, Transaction ID or Image ID; all numerical.

I would like to be able to include a little more info, such as my email address, for example.

Is anyone aware of a PS plugin, which they can recommend, that allows more elaborate watermarking?

I don't want to go the Digimarc route unless I have to.

Many thanks.

D.