Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: grzybu on May 23, 2011, 08:05:57 am

Title: Sculptures
Post by: grzybu on May 23, 2011, 08:05:57 am
Hi,

I've found them in the sculptor's yard, hidden in the shadow.

(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3457/5750676510_13aa91865b_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Sculptures
Post by: Josh-H on May 23, 2011, 08:14:32 am
Was this was taken at Montsalvat in Melbourne Australia? If it was, its a wonderful location for photography.

I like the B&W treatment here. What I particularly find myself enjoying is the very subtle soft corners and vignette. For some reason I cannot put my finger on they add to the image for me. I think the effect could be used more strongly to further effect.
Title: Re: Sculptures
Post by: grzybu on May 23, 2011, 08:23:56 am
It was made in Poland.
I didn't have to add any vignette in post process, I just had to keep what Panasonic pancake 20/1.7 gives when shoot wide open, if you don't use auto correcting RAW developer ;)