Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on May 22, 2011, 06:40:39 pm

Title: Pentax 645D & 300mm EDIF + 1.4x converter
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on May 22, 2011, 06:40:39 pm
I found and purchased a very, very reasonable used 300mm manual focus 300mm A* EDIF. I also found a brand new (old stock) 1.4x converter for $399, & free shipping. For a new item with warranty, this also seemed very reasonable. I noted in the lens data section on the Pentax Forum, that the 1.4 converter is dedicatted to the 300mm A*, but also useable with the 120mm & 200mm (which I have, but can't imagine using it with these lenses). Does anyone have 645D experience:

1) The 300mm without the 1.4X at around f11 for long distance landscape work?

2) The 300mm with 1.4X, also at f11 for long distance landscape work, or closeups of distant landscape details?

Thanks in advance

Dave in NJ

www.modernpictorials.com