Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Victor Engel on May 22, 2011, 11:55:28 am
-
I have a couple of directories where I want to make fine adjustments to exposure on an image by image basis. I can't find a keystroke to do this, and the slider interface is cumbersome and not very precise. What options are there for making exposure adjustments? I can't believe there's not a better way to do this than what I've been using.
-
Click on the Exposure slider and then release the mouse button but continue to hover over the slider. Then use the right/left arrow keys to change Exposure 10 units (0.1 stop) at a time.
-
Looks like it's +/- rather than left/right. I was hoping for something that didn't require me to click on the slider. However, if I do just the exposure for all the pictures, it remains on exposure from one picture to the next. This document: <URL:http://blogs.adobe.com/edtechatadobe/files/edtechatadobe/lightroom_3_shortcuts.pdf> indicates up/down arrow should work, but it doesn't on my computer (Windows Vista 64 bit).
-
Looks like it's +/- rather than left/right. I was hoping for something that didn't require me to click on the slider. However, if I do just the exposure for all the pictures, it remains on exposure from one picture to the next. This document: <URL:http://blogs.adobe.com/edtechatadobe/files/edtechatadobe/lightroom_3_shortcuts.pdf> indicates up/down arrow should work, but it doesn't on my computer (Windows Vista 64 bit).
It should do. Have you clicked into the exposure field? I have just checked my Windows 7 64bit setup and the up and down arrow keys work. The increment or decrement in steps of 0.1 stops. If you hold down the shift key the steps are 1/3 stop. If you have selected a number of images and go into develop with these images selected you can align the exposure by using Settings and Match Total Exposures and this will be applied to all selected images.
-
By me it is either left/right or up/down. Actually, I guess up/down is better because if the mouse pointer wanders into the image area, left or right will advance or return the display to another image, but up/down doesn't do that.
-
On both mac and pc, you can use the comma and period keys to move up and down through the Basic Development menu, then when you get to the desired function, like Exposure, the plus and minus buttons move the exposure .1 at a time in either direction.
On the mac, but not w7-64, holding down the option key while tapping the plus or minus move the exposure in increments of .02.
I never would have discovered the Option key function if I hadn't tried it because of this thread.
just another $.02
-
One more note: On Windows depressing Shift while using the +/- keys makes the change 0.33.
-
One more note: On Windows depressing Shift while using the +/- keys makes the change 0.33.
Yes, as previously mentioned :)
-
I've been using a Griffin Technology PowerMate for controlling the sliders on an intel Mac, and they have Windows drivers as well. Just highlight the numeric input box for that slider and tweak the knob.
Takes a little fiddling to get set up, but works well. Picked it up on ebait for about $15 as an experiment and now use it regularly.
-
LR 3 on a Mac
Widening
Hover mouse over Exposure....Up and down arrows = .10 change
Clicking on the Exposure button, then dragging one increment = .10 change If you widen the right hand window to the max, it makes the exposure changes smaller per "drag unit". (Thanks to the LR 3 video from Michael and Jeff). When widened, increment =.05
Hover mouse over Exposure.....Holding Option and using up and down arrows =.02 change
Brad
-
..... or just click on the exposure slider then you can use the scroll wheel to adjust in increments of 0.1 ;D
-
I just click in the slider amount box and type what I want, ie + /-.01,.1 etc. That may work a bit faster for you as I understand the question. If you know that you want to increase by a certain amount.