Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on May 15, 2011, 06:20:03 pm

Title: Lake Constance - Recycling some old stuff ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on May 15, 2011, 06:20:03 pm
Some images from about 1985 - reprocessed now after scanning.
Basically this is a postprocessing execise - the images are technically mostly crap.
The funny thing is - I still like them .. unsharp - grainy - ill-exposed ....
What do you think?
Title: Re: Lake Constance - Recycling some old stuff ...
Post by: Bruce Cox on May 15, 2011, 06:36:15 pm
I like 23.

Bruce
Title: Re: Lake Constance - Recycling some old stuff ...
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 16, 2011, 08:35:03 am
Some images from about 1985 - reprocessed now after scanning.
Basically this is a postprocessing execise - the images are technically mostly crap. The funny thing is - I still like them .. unsharp - grainy - ill-exposed .... What do you think?

Hi Christoph,

If you like them then it shouldn't really matter what anyone else thinks - but now I am here...

Yes I also like the raw grainy look, but personally I would crop out the excess blown out white from the top of the first one, crop out most of the the dark foreground from the third one and make the fourth one into black and white, then hit the delete key for the second one.

It is amazing what you find when you look at your work from many years back, I was recently looking at some I took in Canada about 12 years ago and I can sense my frustration, whereby I knew there was a good image somewhere in front of me, but I wasn't sure how to capture it, so I machine gunned the whole scene, top bottom, left and right, in the hope I got it, which when I look at them now, I realise dissapointingly just how much I didn't..

Photobloke
Title: Re: Lake Constance - Recycling some old stuff ...
Post by: shutterpup on May 16, 2011, 08:59:02 am
A mother is seldom the best judge of her own children ;)
Title: Re: Lake Constance - Recycling some old stuff ...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 16, 2011, 01:09:23 pm
I like the swan.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lake Constance - Recycling some old stuff ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on May 16, 2011, 02:44:10 pm
Since you didn't threaten to kill me for posting this I dare to show two more.
This totally is not about technical quality as well ...
Title: Re: Lake Constance - Recycling some old stuff ...
Post by: John R Smith on May 17, 2011, 01:03:09 pm
A mother is seldom the best judge of her own children ;)

I love that . . .

I think that is precisely our problem  ;)

John