Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DuncanAndison on May 15, 2011, 04:51:27 pm

Title: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: DuncanAndison on May 15, 2011, 04:51:27 pm
This was taken at Clachtoll Bay in the North West Highlands of Scotland..... beautiful beach in the most tranquil location... perfect!

Click on the image if you want to view a framed version.

Thanks for looking

Duncan

Canon 5d mkii - 17-40L @21mm - ISO 125 - f/16 - 1/4 sec - ND Grads and Tripod.
(http://www.takenfromthetop.com/Images/sp_00031th.jpg) (http://www.takenfromthetop.com/Images/special31.htm)
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 15, 2011, 05:51:59 pm
This was taken at Clachtoll Bay in the North West Highlands of Scotland..... beautiful beach in the most tranquil location... perfect!

Click on the image if you want to view a framed version.

Duncan
Beautiful. I'm not sure the frame adds anything, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 15, 2011, 06:13:08 pm
A classical seascape, well executed... very nice.
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: francois on May 16, 2011, 03:05:18 am
Classical but beautiful. The breaking waves on the beach give a good dynamic to this image.

I'm with Jeremy for the frame.
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: EduPerez on May 16, 2011, 04:06:33 am
A classical seascape, well executed... very nice.
Yep!
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: stamper on May 16, 2011, 07:29:08 am
Have you tried processing it with a little more contrast? A very nice image that could be processed with different renderings and still look very good? Well done. :)
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: DuncanAndison on May 16, 2011, 11:20:59 am
Beautiful. I'm not sure the frame adds anything, though.

Jeremy

A classical seascape, well executed... very nice.

Classical but beautiful. The breaking waves on the beach give a good dynamic to this image.

I'm with Jeremy for the frame.

Yep!

Thank you very much.... point taken about the framing! Mybe a little more work required around presentation!

Have you tried processing it with a little more contrast? A very nice image that could be processed with different renderings and still look very good? Well done. :)

Thank you and I will try increasing the contrast to see how it looks. I've tried to keep the saturation toned down, do you feel it is about right at the moment or should it be lifted a touch?!?

Thanks everyone for your feedback it is really appreciated.

Duncan
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 16, 2011, 12:02:03 pm
I like the image a lot and I think increasing the contrast would spoil the mood, IMHO. So I say keep it just the way it is. Beautiful.

Eric
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: Les Sparks on May 16, 2011, 12:46:18 pm
Wonderful  just the way it is. Contrast and saturation  seem  perfect.
Les
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: Scott W on May 16, 2011, 10:25:38 pm
Beautiful shot.  The seaweed in the foreground adds a lot to the photo, just enough detail to catch your eye, nice work. 
Title: Re: Clachtoll, Scotland
Post by: DuncanAndison on May 17, 2011, 02:56:25 pm
I like the image a lot and I think increasing the contrast would spoil the mood, IMHO. So I say keep it just the way it is. Beautiful.

Eric

Wonderful  just the way it is. Contrast and saturation  seem  perfect.
Les

Beautiful shot.  The seaweed in the foreground adds a lot to the photo, just enough detail to catch your eye, nice work. 

Thank you all very much.... I guess i'll leave the saturation etc as is then  :)