Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: John.Murray on May 13, 2011, 04:02:30 pm

Title: PS5 File Save Update
Post by: John.Murray on May 13, 2011, 04:02:30 pm
Found this via John Nack's Blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2011/05/save-big-photoshop-files-up-to-20x-faster.html)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/902/cpsid_90248.html

Wow.... you need to get this
Title: Re: PS5 File Save Update
Post by: Mark D Segal on May 13, 2011, 04:05:08 pm
Found this via John Nack's Blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2011/05/save-big-photoshop-files-up-to-20x-faster.html)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/902/cpsid_90248.html

Wow.... you need to get this

Do I? Please tell me why.
Title: Re: PS5 File Save Update
Post by: John.Murray on May 13, 2011, 04:15:08 pm
Lloyd Chambers does a nice job explaining the issue (link in John's blog) - basically PS5 saves are single threaded.  The plugin allows multi-threading, I've always wondered why it took so damn long to save large files......
Title: Re: PS5 File Save Update
Post by: Mark D Segal on May 13, 2011, 04:20:51 pm
Lloyd Chambers does a nice job explaining the issue (link in John's blog) - basically PS5 saves are single threaded.  The plugin allows multi-threading, I've always wondered why it took so damn long to save large files......

Right - thanks for jogging my mind; I heard about that, and figured the question is whether save speed or file size is the bigger issue. I'm OK with my Save speed, but others may prefer fast saves and don't mind the large files.
Title: Re: PS5 File Save Update
Post by: Jack Varney on May 16, 2011, 09:09:57 pm
How do the faster save speeds with this plugin compare to saving Tiff files?