Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: billy on May 09, 2011, 06:11:34 pm

Title: Color Settings in Photoshop CS5
Post by: billy on May 09, 2011, 06:11:34 pm
Hello, I need some help regarding which settings I need to select in the Photoshop CS5 'color settings' box. I use a brand new mac tower, NEC Multisync PA 241w monitor, a monaco optix calibrating device, and spectraview software. what setting do I set the box for; 'custom' and then Adobe 1998 rgb down below in working space, OR 'monitor color' and then the name of my most recent profile from when I calibrate the monitor? attached examples.
Title: Re: Color Settings in Photoshop CS5
Post by: digitaldog on May 09, 2011, 06:36:41 pm
http://www.ppmag.com/reviews/200404_rodneycm.pdf
Title: Re: Color Settings in Photoshop CS5
Post by: NikoJorj on May 10, 2011, 07:02:44 am
You really should change that quickly!
All is in Andrew's PDF (for the choice of the preferred RGB working color space, see http://www.ppmag.com/reviews/200403_rodneycm.pdf and don't put your monitor profile in there, PS knows how to use it anyway).
Title: Re: Color Settings in Photoshop CS5
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on May 10, 2011, 09:09:33 am
You really should change that quickly!
All is in Andrew's PDF (for the choice of the preferred RGB working color space, see http://www.ppmag.com/reviews/200403_rodneycm.pdf and don't put your monitor profile in there, PS knows how to use it anyway).
But isn't there a growing consensus to use ProPhoto these days rather than AdobeRGB?
Title: Re: Color Settings in Photoshop CS5
Post by: digitaldog on May 10, 2011, 12:12:26 pm
But isn't there a growing consensus to use ProPhoto these days rather than AdobeRGB?

For those working with raws in Adobe converters, yes.