Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: gdh on May 08, 2011, 01:43:24 pm

Title: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: gdh on May 08, 2011, 01:43:24 pm
Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....It's great that you got your store demo IQ180's but when are they being shipped for customers?
Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: Jozef Zajaz on May 08, 2011, 05:31:20 pm
Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....It's great that you got your store demo IQ180's but when are they being shipped for customers?

I heard june.
Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: Christopher on May 08, 2011, 07:49:14 pm
I'm leaving for an important trip on June 10th, so I expect mine to be here on June the 11th :-P
Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: lance_schad on May 08, 2011, 10:16:34 pm
Great question.

Phase One has hit their first promised milestone of shipping units by May.

As a reseller with a very healthy log of pre-orders I can honestly say that we have no set schedule given to us except a promise that they will continue to fill the orders as fast as they can. The IQ180's first, then the IQ140/60's to follow.

Availability will vary from reseller to reseller. It is best if you have an order placed, contact your reseller directly for detailed delivery info.

So as far as I am concerned , Phase One is ahead of schedule as compared to some of their past launches.

I have set expectations of our earlier adopters that we should start seeing more quantities of units shipping by the third week of May ( this is my opinion from past experiences with Phase One launches).

I am estimating with people I am in discussions with that if they order an IQ today, it will be a minimum 4-6 week wait. Good news is we are still offering loaner P65+/P40+'s for those that place a new IQ order today to use while they are waiting.

Sorry I cannot be more specific, but it is always best to check with your own reseller if you have one on order .

Lance

Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: Wayne Fox on May 08, 2011, 10:50:35 pm
Great question.

Phase One has hit their first promised milestone of shipping units by May.


The press release stated ...

"Availability and Pricing
The Phase One IQ180 is expected to be available end of April 2011. The Phase One IQ160 and IQ140 are expected to be available end of May 2011."

shipping a few "production" backs to dealers doesn't seem to qualify as "available" ... maybe they changed their tune later to dealers to state the new goal of shipping units by May, but seems like they've missed the mark a little based on the press release.  Of course, throwing the word "expected" in there sort of clouds things :)

Despite that,  I know they are a small company tackling difficult technological challenges both in design and manufacturing resources, so I'm optimistic in that while maybe not literally hitting the mark, I would agree with you that in many ways they're ahead of or at least close to what most expectations were.  I also have a couple of major shoots planned 2nd week of June so based on current information I'm at least somewhat hopeful ...
Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: DeeJay on May 09, 2011, 03:56:35 am
anyone know what the 160 will sell for ?

Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: Doug Peterson on May 09, 2011, 11:05:13 am
IQ160 price $36,990.

Upgrades available for those with a digital back already (Phase One brand or otherwise).

Source:
http://www.captureintegration.com/phase-one/iq/
Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: narikin on May 10, 2011, 07:19:53 am
I am estimating with people I am in discussions with that if they order an IQ today, it will be a minimum 4-6 week wait.

good grief - is that all - 4-6 week delivery if you order today?
so they are going to fill the 1000+ IQ180 backlog in the next 4 weeks, really?

I ordered the morning it was announced, so expect mine in an hour or two, then  ( :) )
Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: gdh on May 19, 2011, 03:28:14 pm
I received mine this morning--I could tell from a distance that it was the IQ from the bright golden glow emanating from the box :)

I'd imagine, that most people that ordered early are starting to get theirs also
Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: Christopher on May 19, 2011, 05:03:55 pm
Well I think I ordered it quite soon, but here in Germany I haven't even been able to get a date or anything for delivery... Must press my dealer again tomorrow.
Title: Re: Q for PHASE ONE DEALERS or Phase One....When are the IQ180's being....
Post by: Christopher on May 20, 2011, 10:32:43 am
Well I stop complaining, just got it today. :)