Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bruce Cox on May 02, 2011, 04:03:04 pm
-
Auto repairs put me in another part of town last week and gave me an excuse to look for something to photograph. Stealing part of and maybe even learning from other people's commercial sign work seemed my best chance at the time. Please critique.
Bruce
-
also this one
-
Unfortunately they don't do much for me... not enough to keep my interest. If you convert them to B&W you may generate some more interesting shapes.
YMMV!
Mike.
-
I think for something like this to work you need to go in much closer on the subject in order to make it a purely graphic element, stripped of its usual context.
-
I think for something like this to work you need to go in much closer on the subject in order to make it a purely graphic element, stripped of its usual context.
Yeah, next time a ladder.
Bruce
-
I don't think photographing ladders will bring you any plaudits. ;) ;D
-
But if you walk beneath a ladder, a plaudit may fall onto your head.
Rob C
-
But if you walk beneath a ladder, a plaudit may fall onto your head.
Rob C
Though I can't find a ladder with plaudits, I still seem to knock off work and wait for them to fall on my head. Maybe more thinking and work would help. The attached central detail of #2 is a little more than the file is up to, but it suggests to me that moving in the direction of your suggestions helps.
Bruce
-
Unfortunately they don't do much for me... not enough to keep my interest.
Same here Bruce.